Hariyali Murgh Tangdi is a fancy name I came up with for this chicken I made few days back 🙂 Hariyali means green, Murgh means chicken and Tangdi means leg. So basically this is Green Chicken Drumsticks which is marinated for 8-10 hours in yogurt and lime along with other spices, which makes this baked drumstick very tender and juicy. Another thing I like about this dish is the fresh taste it gets from the greens(mint and coriander leaves).
I baked the chicken in conventional oven. Alternatively, you could fry the chicken in a pan using some oil too. The same marinade can be used to make kababs. Instead of using drumsticks, use thigh or breast peices(basically, use boneless pieces). Skew it and bake it at 350 deg F for 35-40 mins.
Chicken drumsticks/leg – 4 pieces
Mint leaves – 12 strands
Coriander leaves – 12 strands
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1.5 tsp
Yogurt – 2 tbsp
Green chilli – 4-5 nos
Lime juice – 1 tbsp
Salt – 1.25 tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
1. Clean and wash the chicken drumsticks/legs.
2. Mix all the other ingredients(except oil) well and marinate the chicken for minimum 3-4 hours(I left the marinated chicken in the refrigerator overnight).
3. Preheat the oven to 400 deg F. Meanwhile, grease a baking tray. Arrange the drumsticks on the tray and brush it with some oil.
4. Bake the chicken for 30-35 mins(or till chicken turns brown). Turn over the chicken drumsticks at half time.
5. Take it out and sprinkle few drops of freshly squeezed lime before serving.
Serve as an appetizer or serve with bread/dinner rolls and a side of salad.