It has been quite a while since I posted my Very Berry Parfait recipe and I remember my promise of posting the recipe of the pudding used in that :-). So here is the recipe of a very simple and quick vanilla pudding. Wouldn’t take more than 10 mins to prepare this and 2-3 hours for refrigerating it. You can use it for making layered pudding or as part of a parfait or relish it as is! I simply love puddings. It indeed is an elegant dessert to serve your guests too!
Milk – 2 cups
Butter – 1 tbsp
Cornstarch – 2 tbsp
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Salt – a pinch
1. In a saucepan, heat milk and butter.
2. In a bowl, combine together cornstarch, sugar and salt.
3. Once the milk is heated(when bubbles start to form on the sides), stir in the cornstarch mixture slowly. Stir well to avoid lumps.
4. Remove from heat when the mixture starts to thicken.
5. Stir in the vanilla extract and mix well.
6. Pour into serving dishes.
7. Chill before serving. Top it with your choice of fruits, berries, cherry, cashew or pistachios 🙂