Right from my childhood, if there is one thing that has consistently been in the top 5 of my favorite food list, that would be Noodles. I remember during my schooldays, I used to take noodles almost 70% of the times for lunch. And I was very skinny then. So everyone used to tease me saying I eat so much noodles and that’s the reason I look like it too 😛 Funny huh!!! But that never demotivated me 😉
There used to be a time, when I used to really enjoy Maggi , Top Ramen and all. But these days, I prefer making noodles with flavors I like. So I prefer buying any kind plain noodles (Hakka noodles, Egg noodles, rice noodles etc. ) Today let us make Veg Hakka noodles. This is one of the most easiest recipes and a quick one too. And it tastes yummy just like you would get in an Indo-chinese fast food restaurant 😀
Hakka noodles – 2 cakes or 300 gms
Red bell pepper – ½ nos
Green bell pepper – ½ nos
Cabbage – ½ cup
Carrot – 1 small sized
Green onion – 4 nos
Onion – 1 small sized
Garlic – 5-6 pods
Oil – 6 tbsp
Ground Black pepper – 1/4th tsp
Ajinomoto(optional) – a generous pinch
Salt – to taste (approx. 1/2 tsp)
1. In a sauce pan boil sufficient amount of water to boil the noodles. To avoid sticking of noodles, add 2 tsp of oil to the water. To boiling water, put the noodles and boil for few mins so that the noodles is 80% done. Drain the water and keep noodles aside.
2. Cut all the vegetables into thin slices or julienne.
3. Heat oil in a wok/pan. Add sliced garlic and saute till it becomes light brown.
4. Add onion and saute in medium flame for a min. Add red bell pepper, green bell pepper and carrot and saute for 1 more minute.
5. Then add the sliced cabbage and saute all the vegetables for about a min. To this add enough salt, ajinomoto and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Note that the vegetables doesn’t have to cook through fully. For this kind of noodles, the vegetables should have little crunch to it.
7. To this add the cooked noodles. Stir for couple of minutes.
8. Garnish with chopped green onion.
Serve with chilli garlic sauce or ketchup/hot sauce.