Okay, so after my initial batch of recipes, I got overwhelmed by the response I got from everyone. Thank you all for the encouragement and the suggestions you gave. I will definetly try to post more recipes and try to keep it simple. Talking of simple, I thought let my next recipe be something that you could use as a breakfast or as a snack. When you are hungry and don’t want to put a lot of thought on what to prepare, and if you have some bread and eggs to spare, I would recommend you French toast.
Usually French toasts are made by dipping bread in egg. But the French toast version I am going to be sharing is purely my mom’s contribution. I haven’t seen French toasts being made like this anywhere. And whoever has had it, has loved it. Its little ‘Indianised’ French toast though 😉 However, since this is more or less like a finger food, if you pack these for your kids lunch, they also will have no complains 🙂
Eggs – 3 nos
Milk – 1 tbsp
Garlic – 1 or 2 pods
Onion – 1/4th of a medium sized one
Green chilli – 2 nos
Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves – 2 strands
Salt – to taste(apprx. 1/4 tsp)
Bread – 6 slices
1. In a bowl mix the egg and milk and beat well.
2. Finely chop the garlic, onion, green chillies and coriander leaves.
3. In a pan, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add chopped garlic and once it turns golden brown, add chopped onion, chopped green chilli and coriander leaves. Add salt at this point.
4. Once the onion is cooked/fried well, add garam masala and saute for 1 min and remove the pan from the burner.
5. Add this mixture to the beaten eggs. Mix it well with a spoon.
6. Take the bread slices and cut the crusts of the bread carefully.
7. In the same pan, apply little oil. Keep in medium flame.
8. Using a spoon, pour about 2 tsp of egg to the pan and spread it roughly to the shape of the bread slices.
9. When the egg is half cooked, put the bread slice on top of the egg and press it with a spatula. Don’t wait till the egg is fully cooked, else the bread will not stick to the egg. Now take the bread slice and keep aside.
10. Repeat the process for the other side. Now the bread is covered on both sides with egg.
11. Cut the bread into halves to take a triangular shape and serve with ketchup(I used Maggi Masala Ketchup).