You might be wondering, after saying that I am not a fan of fish in my previous post, here she comes with a second fish recipe in a week. Well, thats because I saw an ad with breaded fish and I was tempted to make something similar. It turned out better than I had thought. Lime and pepper always goes well with any seafood. My attempt was to keep the recipe simple and so it is…
Tilapia – 2 fillets
Turmeric powder(optional) – 1/4 tsp
Ground Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
Garlic powder – 1/4 tsp
Onion powder – 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder(optional) – 1/4 tsp
Lime juice – 2 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 strands
Egg – 1 no
Panko bread crumbs – 1 cup or as required
Salt – to taste(approximately 1/4 tsp)
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
1. Clean, wash and cut the fish into medium sized pieces.
2. Marinate the cut fish with turmeric powder, ground black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, lime juice, chopped coriander leaves and salt. Refrigerate it for 4-5 hours.
3. Whisk an egg in a bowl. Take the fish pieces and dip in the egg.
4. In a ziploc bag, put the panko bread crumbs. Add little salt, ground black pepper, 1 tsp olive oil and cumin powder to the bread crumbs for extra flavoring and mix well.
5. Put the fish pieces into the ziploc bag and shake well so that its well coated with the bread crumbs.
6. Repeat the process of dipping in egg and then coating with bread crumbs for thicker breading.
7. Heat oil in a pan. Shallow fry the fish on medium-high flame till the coating turns brown on both sides.